Cleaning and disinfecting should take place in the following steps:
- dismounting of devices and removing all the visible dirt by means of brushes and scrapers,
- rinsing the dirt off with running water,
- cleaning with the use of appropriate detergents,
- rinsing the detergents off,
- disinfecting with the use of appropriate chemical products,
- rinsing the disinfectants off throughly with water and drying the surface (needn't be applied if disinfection is conducted with the use of biodegradable organic acids),
- control of the cleaning and disinfection process efficiency,
- taking corrective actions if the cleaning, disinfecting and rinsing process is not efficient.
FOAM CLEANING TECHNIQUE
Unremoved production residues in the food industry plants are a growth medium for microorganisms and can become a source of biological contamination. They can also be a source of contamination with toxic or harmful substances which occur as a result of decomposition of those residues (oxidation, hydrolysis, pyrolysis). For these reasons, the process of removing grime in the food industry plants aims mainly at maintaining a proper hygiene level of both technological devices and production halls as well. This target is achieved by means of applying joint measures of mechanical cleaning process and disinfection.
The foam cleaning technique works very well in case of food industry plants (cleaning combined with disinfection or just disinfection). The temperature in which cleaning is taking place is the factor influencing the efficiency of the cleaning process. Higher temperatures make it easier to remove the grime.